Water. Some love it. Some hate it.
No matter your personal stance on it, water is undeniably a crucial part of life.
Every life form on the planet, whether human, plant, or animal; large or microscopic, requires water to survive. Like it or not.
In our current, changing-every-10 seconds world, we have made a steady shift over the last few decades toward all the newest, coolest, “help keep you up so you don’t miss anything” drinks, additives and supplements.
Aside from just old-fashioned tea and coffee, there are so many new sports and energy drinks on the market today to keep you buzzing around for the next decade on just a few shots. And millions of people around the world are drinking several of them a day!
How good are they FOR you though? The answer: they’re not!
We have all seen the videos floating around of energy drinks powering homemade glow-stick lanterns and cleaning old brake dust off of vehicle wheels…. Something even your standard wheel cleaner struggles to do sometimes.
Do you really want to think about what that stuff is doing to your insides?!?
But this problem is one of our own doing. In today’s world, a giant fountain soda and a cheeseburger are only $1 each while a bottle of water or a salad will set you back $4 or more. So how is everyone supposed to make healthier overall choices when their budget may be a determining factor? That’s a wonderful question. And a sad reality.
Now let me ask you this… what price do you put on your overall health though?
Let me tell you one of the easiest ways to positively affect your overall health… (you can probably guess where I’m going with this).... Water.
Water has so many positive attributes for your body, that it will make your head spin! Well… not literally (it doesn’t have that kind of power!). But you will be pretty blown away!
Here is brief rundown of some of its biggest benefits:
- Makes up about 90% of the blood in your body
- Is essential for your kidneys and many other bodily functions
- Lubricates your joints
- Carries oxygen throughout your body
- Regulates body temperature and maintains blood pressure
- Flushes out waste
- Boosts physical performance during exercise
- Can positively affect weight loss
- Has a major effect on energy levels and brain function (!)
- Helps prevent and treat headaches (which may have been brought on in the first place by mild dehydration!)
- Boosts skin health and beauty
Holy hot ham and cheese! That’s a lot of goodness wrapped up into one!
Not impressed yet? Well….What if I told you it has amazing powers for your skin health whether its used on the outside or the inside?!?
From the Inside:
- Water replenishes skin cells and increases their elasticity, which helps delay signs of aging, like wrinkles and fine lines
- It flushes away toxins, which helps to improve your complexion
- Can even help combat skin disorders like psoriasis and eczema
From the Outside:
- A cold water splash can eliminate redness and help set skin for better makeup application
- Cold water compress can help reduce under-eye inflammation
- Warm water helps to open pores while cleaning your skin. Following that with a few cold water splashes can help to close those pores, keeping debris out, and preventing blemishes.
Say it with me… WOW!
See! Good hydration can have so many wonderful benefits for your body, both inside and out!
On the flip side, even mild dehydration has been linked to anger, depression and confusion!
Oh my Mackerel! Somebody find me a water bottle now!
(Seriously though… go drink some water!)
“But I HATE drinking water!!” I can hear you grumbling from here, BUT I have a yummy solution to help you out… or rather, several yummy solutions:
Fruits and Veggies that are high in water content:
- Iceberg lettuce
- Green peppers
- Baby Carrots
So pull your tail up to a table and get your rabbit on!
Can you still drink your coffee and eat fast food? Absolutely! But try to practice a little moderation. You might be surprised how much your skin (and body) will thank you!
BONUS POINTS: Cut out your soda or coffee and unhealthy snacks completely for 30 days and up your water intake, just 1 glass (or cucumber salad!) at a time if you need to. There are so many free apps now that can help you keep track of all that!
Get your friends involved and see who has more self-control over their sweet tooth! A little friendly competition makes us all strive to be better!
We would love to see you hit us up on Facebook or Instagram to share your fresh, hydrated face! #hydrateforbeauty #complexionperfection #HydrationTransformation